The most common reasons for why a transaction did not complete.
You may notice under the Orders tab of the dashboard, that some purchases will show as Error. These are transactions which were unable to be completed. Selecting Show Details to the right of the order will expand the details of the order and describe why the order failed (see below).
Nothing needs to be done as the administrator of the event as these failed transactions are due to input error by the purchaser. The purchaser would have also been notified on screen of the error when attempting to complete their transaction.
Common Purchase Errors:
- Incorrect CVC: the CVC number provided is incorrect. This 3-digit security number is found on the back of the card.
- Incorrect zip: the postal code entered is incorrect. The postal code entered must match what is on file with the issuing card.
- for purchasers using Google / Apple pay: the address may be correct, but the format does not match what is on file with the card issuer. In these cases the address is often case sensitive and space sensitive. Ie, a1b2c3 vs. A1B 2C3
- Expired card: the card is past it's expiration date and is no longer valid.
- Incomplete – purchase timeout: the transaction took too long to be completed.
- Incorrect number: the card number entered is incorrect.
- Card declined: may be declined for insufficient funds, or the reason may be unlisted.
- if listed as ‘blocked’: A blocked payment is initially authorized by the card issuer and could be processed successfully. Instead, Stripe does not charge the card as it has been flagged and could result in a dispute.
For privacy and security, card issuers can only discuss the specifics of a declined payment with their cardholders–they cannot discuss this with the merchant, or even with Stripe.
- Customer not found: email address is not registered.
- Customer not active: player is registered, but needs to confirm their email address in order to activate their account (an email would have been sent to them).
- Customer phone does not match email: the phone number entered does not match the phone number used when the account was created.
- Customer name does not match: the name entered does not match the name used when the account was created.
- Pending: subscription tickets bought in advance. The pending charge will move to Active once it is time for that week’s draw.
- Location services: purchasers must have their location services enabled so that our platform can confirm they are physically within the province. Steps on how to enable location services can be found below.
Location services relies on a verification based on one’s internet service provider’s location. Some mobile data providers may be providing internet connections from an out of province source that will not register the device as located in province. If this occurs it is recommended to try switching the device from mobile data to a local Wifi connection.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More > Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
- Click Location.
- Turn Ask before accessing on or off.
- Go to Start > Settings > Privacy > Location.
- Turn on Allow access to location on this device.
- Turn on Allow apps to access your location.
- Turn on Allow desktop apps to access your location if present.
- Open your iOS's Settings app.
- Tap [Privacy] > [Location Services] > [Safari Websites].
- Tap [Allow Location Access] > Set to [While Using the App].